Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thunderstorm

A cool wind begins to blow through the trees, the leaves sound like ocean waves. The crickets and cicadas creak and hum as the scorching sun dips bellow the horizon. And I think of you. As the first drops fall on hot asphalt and disappear, there is a stirring in the skies and I imagine your smile. A quick burst of light illuminates the sky and a low rumble follows. I hear you laughing. The sweat and rain and tears mix as they run down my face. I ache for your touch. As loneliness overtakes me I weep, the skies open up. A cool healing shower from the heavens pours down upon me. In me all the anger is extinguished the rage is doused to steaming smouldering ash. I can almost feel of your lips on mine, the smell of the air from your lungs, the heat of your body. The thunder cracks and rolls and my wet skin raises with tiny bumps. Bathed in the rain the my hope is restored that one day 
you may return to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment