Friday, June 28, 2013

Faceless Woman

I saw this photographer on Yahoo! today and I am in love with her photographs! Not making much of a "real" post today but I am pretty sure I have no readers so this is really just for myself. The photographer is Patty Maher and these haunting, beautiful, narrative photos really speak to something in me. All of her photos feature women who's faces are obscured, often by hair or taken from a posterior view. These photos communicate clearly but with so many possible meanings. I was surprised to see so much emotion in a photo with out being able to look at a face. I want to hang them around my home just so I can gawk at them whenever I please. I love finding things that really speak to me and these photos certainly do that.

View her photos and a video here.

This is her flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment